Friday 1 May 2009

In contact, all of the time.

The position of being contacted by anyone you've ever met, through Facebook, was a revelation around this time last year for me. To see their photo's and how much they've changed, what their lives entail now, it was a snoopers dream.

Now I'm getting sick of it. There's a reason I stopped talking to most of the people on my Facebook profile in real life, and that's because our differing opinions prevented us from getting to know each other better. Others moved away, it simply wasn't to be. And some people I simply fell out with. I'm not quite sure I want to know what they're having for dinner, or that they had a tough day at work, or that they're attending an illegal rave and hope to get drugged up to their eyeballs - and yet the information is there.



Facebook has nosedived into a world where the successful get to flaunt how great their lives are, and the seedy can stalk ex girlfriends and underage teens to the point of obsession. I just don't want to know.



Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment: